While reading Psalm 15 recently, I came across guidelines for living a blameless life. It made me realize that having a tainted witness with sin can hinder one's effectiveness as a disciple on earth. It becomes challenging to worship and connect with God, as sin creates a separation between us and Him. Speaking on sin is crucial for believers to understand its impact on their relationship with Christ.
As Christian believers, we must set our standards apart from those of the evil-doers in this world. We cannot afford to conform to the ways of this world, as it can cause an unbeliever to remain in sin.
To fulfill the great commission of making more disciples on earth, we must live holy lives. We are commanded to preach, baptize, and teach others about the Good News of Jesus Christ. So, are you doing your part in fulfilling this commandment?
If you consider Jesus to be your "Lord", you are commanded to use the gifts given to you by God to fulfill the great commission. It's not necessary to hold a title or have an office in the local church to carry out this task.
Here are ten ways to lead a life without blame and become an impactful witness:
1. Trust in the Lord with all your heart (Proverbs 3:5-6).
2. Walk in integrity and uprightness (Psalm 15:2).
3. Speak and act truthfully (Psalm 15:2).
4. Refrain from gossiping and slander (Psalm 15:3).
5. Respect and honor those who fear the Lord (Psalm 15:4).
6. Avoid the company of the wicked (Psalm 15:5).
6. Give generously to those in need (Psalm 15:5).
7. Keep your promises and commitments (Psalm 15:4).
8. Do not take part in evil activities (Psalm 15:4).
9. Follow God's commands and decrees (Psalm 15:4).
10. Seek to do only what is pleasing to God (Romans 12:2).
Father in Heaven, we pray for all Christian believers around the world to obey the command of the Great Commission by making disciples of all nations. We ask that the spiritual gifts of each person be revealed in this season and that they become willing to use them to spread your word. May you touch each person and grant them the courage to be witnesses to the end of the earth. Help us to lead blameless lives before you and man, through the inner workings of the Holy Spirit. We pray all this in Jesus' name. Amen!
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19